Re: Paradise

On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 03:53:22PM -0600, Jeffrey Watts wrote:
> Hello, I'm a member of the Paradise Netrek development team.  Paradise
> Netrek is a X based game that started as Xtrek back in 1986.  It is a
> multiplayer, real-time, Internet game.
>
> Paradise has undergone a revival recently, and active development has
> resumed.
>
> The Paradise Netrek developers would like to work with Debian to get
> Paradise included in Debian GNU/Linux.
>
> Please let me know what I need to do or who I need to contact.  I should
> be on debian-devel but feel free to CC me.

Sounds great, but the first thing we need to know is:

What's the license on Paradise Netrek?

If it is DFSG-free (and it is if it uses the GPL, LGPL, MIT, or BSD without
advertising clause licenses), then you're bound to generate enthusiasm.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson            |     Never underestimate the power of human
Debian GNU/Linux               |     stupidity.