Caution Will Robinson! Caution!

On Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 04:06:01PM -0500, Jacob Kuntz wrote:
> what do you folks think [about 2.4.0 in potato]?

Gak!  I hope not.  As a distro, we should be very conservative in what we
put our 'good enough for you' stamp on.  2.3.$bignum/2.4.0 is feature-rich,
but not tested enough to be in debian.

Hell, I'm just (as ~.10) beginning to trust 2.2 kernels enough to put
it in a locked closet a thousand miles away.  I think it's very
appropriate that our dev cycle nearly parallels the kernel's dev cycle.

I say, let the kernels mature!  2.2 is just now[*] ripe enough for us to
say to Joe User, ``this will work for you.''

						- chad

*  Actually, it was a month ago.  So, we're behind, but not by much.