Re: ITP/RFS (Request For Sponsor): xpuyopuyo

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 10:17:22PM -0500, Fabien Ninoles was heard to say:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 06:19:48PM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> >   Hello list,
> >
> >   I have created and would like to upload to woody a package of the game
> > xpuyopuyo.  This is a UNIX port of the Windows game with a similar name,
> > vaguely similar to Tetris but (of course) different; the idea is that you
> > match up sets of 4 (rather cute :) ) colored blobs to eliminate them.  Appears
> > to have two-player support via network or on the same display (I haven't
> > tested this myself, so I can't say what the quality of play is, but I think
> > it should be fine)
> >
> >   The software is from:
> > http://chaos2.org/xpuyopuyo/
> >
> >   There's one small problem, though, which is that I'm not a Debian developer.
> > I applied a few months ago (while n-m was still closed), and have one package
> > sponsored into potato (xarchon); is there anyone who would be interested in
> > sponsoring an upload of this for woody?  I'm willing to wait until after the
> > potato freeze.
>
> Knowing the quality of your code, I'll be happy to sponsor you. However,
> I'm still running potato. Although I can upload to unstable, I hope to doesn't
> any library versioning problems. Even more, I play a little with the Windows
> version of this soft and find it quite amusing.

  Thanks!  Um.  Hm.  I'm not sure what to do about the frozen/unstable stuff (I
actually haven't tried it on unstable, although it should compile fine)  Maybe
we should just wait for potato to become stable to upload it to the main
archives?  Do you have anywhere that you could upload packages temporarily
until then?

> >   I don't have any public Web/FTP space, so I'll have to either email you
> > the source package or put them up on my own computer (which has a dynamic IP,
> > making things a bit of a pain..)
>
> It's OK for email, my server can take it normally. But if you don't repack
> the original source, send me only your .dsc and .diff.gz. It should be
> enough since I always repack everything just to ensure that it compile
> correctly.

  Hm.  Ok.  Good idea.  It's only a few k, but I'll send you it off-list..

  Daniel

--
  A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.