Re: 6 days till Bug Horizon

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 11:52:46PM +0100, Richard Braakman wrote:
> This is the current list of bugs that are headed for the horizon.
> I generated it from the bugscan report of Feb 23 15:10.
[...]
> Package: ssh (non-US/main).
> Maintainer: Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>
> [HELP] Please NMU, with extreme care. Contact Tommi Virtanen for info.
>   50607 openssh looks in /usr/lib/ssh for ssh-askpass, but not /usr/bin
>   53697 ssh: scp broken on alpha and sparc

	These are/will be fixed in my NMUs.

>   54243 ssh: ssh shouldn't conflict with ssh2

	How would you feel about downgrading this heavily, Richard?
	I'm thinking of wishlist here.. He wants OpenSSH to work with
	ssh2 -- ssh2 wants to own /usr/bin/ssh, and make a symlink to
	/usr/bin/ssh2. That's bound to be ugly. I tried to make
	ssh-nonfree (then just ssh) work with ssh2 once, but failed.
	I don't think I can fix this. How about some mercy here?-)

>   55379 ssh: connect from OS/2 ssh client sets incorrect terminal mode

	The bug report contains a patch; I will include it in an NMU
	as soon as I understand it. Will be fixed.

>   57891 ssh: rresvport: af=10 Invalid argument

	I can't reproduce this. Wichert could, once. Need help here.
	Wichert? Anyone?

	Send straces to the bug report.. Otherwise this won't get
	fixed.

>   56596 ssh: ssh is uninstallable

	I'm still wondering what's needed to fix this, and other
	debconf-related things. NMU ssh-1.2.2-1.2/1.3 will fix this,
	hopefully I can make it..

> Package: ssh-askpass (non-US/main).
> Maintainer: Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>
>   50967 ssh-askpass: Incorrectly hard-coded path to ssh-askpass

	This has been fixed ages ago; ssh-askpass is now in
	/usr/bin and ssh-add looks there. I just marked this
	fixed.
--
tv@{{hq.yok.utu,havoc,gaeshido}.fi,{debian,wanderer}.org,stonesoft.com}
unix, linux, debian, networks, security, | Stay the patient course