Re: Debian netbase 3.17-1 init.d scripts

On 22-Feb-00, 16:05 (CST), Petr Cech <cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 02:10:01PM -0500 , Jeff Sheinberg wrote:
> > And to throw this stuff into frozen potato without any
> > documentation that at least describes what problem you are trying
> > to solve and how you have solved it.
>
> see debian-devel archives. There were loong discussions about this.
> And no, this change happend long before frozen.

Yes, there were long discussions about this. Do you think "read the
archives" is a reasonable response to all the users upgrading from slink
to potato? I don't.

(I see the latest upload has man pages for ifup and ifdown: good show.
Anthony, I *really* like to see a manpage for the interfaces file,
and/or something in /usr/doc/netbase describing the scheme, if you want
me to, I'll dig it out of the archives. Let me know.)

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <vmole@swbell.net>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read