Re: Debian netbase 3.17-1 init.d scripts

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 10:27:11PM -0600, Steve Greenland wrote:
> (I see the latest upload has man pages for ifup and ifdown: good show.
> Anthony, I *really* like to see a manpage for the interfaces file,
> and/or something in /usr/doc/netbase describing the scheme, if you want
> me to, I'll dig it out of the archives. Let me know.)

Patches (both for the manpage, and for the code) gratefully accepted.

I'll probably add some more to if{up,down}.8 in the next few days, but
patches would likely make that happen a lot faster, and the result be a
lot more complete.

In the meantime, the examples in the default /e/n/interfaces
are probably more or less complete. Failing that, perusing
either the output of `strings /sbin/ifup' or the appendices of
http://ifupdown.sourceforge.net/ifupdown-0.5.1.ps.gz might be helpful.

Cheers,
aj

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds