Re: Another predefined group in /etc/group: ups?

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 12:46:19AM +0200, Shaul Karl wrote:
> This is only a preliminary inquiry about the possibility of having a ups entry
> in /etc/group.
>
> Are there other methods to deal with it? In particular, is there a suitable
> group in the current /etc/group?

Personally, I am not in favour of an additional group. Isn't group daemon
sufficient?

> BTW: Yury Shevchuk <sizif@botik.ru> wrote me that he is no longer interested
> to maintain a deb version of the nut and that Luca Filipozzi
> <lfilipoz@emyr.net> is willing to prepare an officail deb. Yet I could not
> locate Luca Filipozzi <lfilipoz@emyr.net> in the developers database. In
> addition he still has not reply my query about his intention to debianize the
> nut. I also could not locate in the mailing list archive the message that I
> believe someone sent about his ITP the nut. There for, my conclusion is that
> currently no one {seems interested, has time} to package the nut. Am I right?

I am not (yet) a Debian maintainer. Remi Lefebvre (remi@debian.org) is
sponsoring my packages.

I have nearly finished the packaging of nut. I am very much interested in
continuing with it's packaging and I must have missed your email in the
flood of stuff I receive from debian-devel.

I should be done by the weekend, scholastic endeavours and my new UPS cable
permitting.

Luca Filipozzi