Fonts in X

Hi all,

I've been poking around and I wondered if aynone had come up with a way to
make X aware of the 357 postscript type1 fonts included in the tetex
packages - similar to the gsfonts-x11 package. I'd really like to put
these fonts to some good use, particularly in LyX (editing in CMR would
be nice)!

To do this, I think you need a .scale file that maps .pfb files to X font
names, not sure how to come up with one of those.. Anyone have any
thoughts?

Also, I came across a web page with redone 'fixed' fonts for X that
contain much of the unicode space, someone might want to look at packaging
them, if they are not already the default fonts..

 http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs-fonts.html

Jason