Re: Debian on 1 CD

Hi,

Fri, 18 Feb 2000 17:29:32 +0900, Noka/Omoikane <noka@omoikane.co.jp> wrote about Re: Debian on 1 CD (<38AD02EC.742C0060@omoikane.co.jp>):
noka> Przemek Bak wrote:
noka> > is there any plan to release ("stripped") Debian
noka> > which use only 1 CD ?
noka>
noka> Why not give it a try with Omoikane GNU/Linux at;
noka> http://www.omoikane.co.jp/ogl/

Maybe, Bak asked "Why doesn't Debian Project make official 1 CD?"
Your answer seems miss the point.

IMHO, 1 CD task is NOT official task of Debian Project.
Our project are structured by many members around the world, so anybody
can't choose what are approvable for 1 CD.

I disagree call CD which is "Only Latin-1 support" or "Only
Japanese support", ... as "official Debian 1 CD".

We must not forget the I18N mission.

P.S.
Bak, you can make your original (not Debian official) 1 CD which
supports Polish perfectly, and distribute freely.
Because our packages (main section) are licensed DFSG free.
--
Kenshi Muto
kmuto@debian.org