Re: ITP: namazu2

>>>>> In <87aekzcfgo.wl@stratos.debian.gr.jp>
>>>>>	kitame@northeye.org (Takuo KITAME / 北目 拓郎) wrote:

Takuo KITAME> >>>>> On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:38:44 +0900
Takuo KITAME> >>>>> "RA" == Ryuichi Arafune <arafune@debian.org> wrote...
RA> What is the incompatibilities?
RA> If the new upstrem changes the spec, it is not reason why you build a
RA> new debian package, in my opitnion.

Takuo KITAME> Incompatibility is Index file (application data file) format in upstream spec.
Takuo KITAME> This cannot upgrade smoothly.

Takuo KITAME> Well, on your opinion, It's only write "How to upgrade" into README.Debian,
Takuo KITAME>  maybe.
Takuo KITAME> But why inn and inn2 are not so?.

I dont know.

I can understand the reason why anyone builds more than one package,
when one is the stable version, the other is the development version
(like gimp, alsa, semi etc.).
However you say the reason why you want to build a new package is the
"INCOMPATIBILITY".  So I think you should upgrade it because this
upgrade can be resolove by user.

This is only my optinon, actually.  Therefor you ,of cource, can do as
you think if you dont infrace our policy.

Later,
--
Ryuichi Arafune