Re: x-terminal, $TERM, key binding, etc

    Chanop> gnome-terminal still violate keyboard policy on BS and DEL
    Chanop> key which I think haven't been filed a bug report
    Chanop> yet. with BS and DEL key gnome-terminal produce ^H and ^?
    Chanop> respectively instead of ^? and ^[[3~ per policy

Wrong, there are a number of duplicate bug reports on this problem (at
least last time I looked). I hope it gets fixed soon.

While a quick and dirty work around with gnome-terminal is to swap BS
and DEL (in the preferences dialog), this means DEL no longer works
properly. At least BS works now though.

    Chanop> IMO, if all the HOME and END key produce the same key
    Chanop> sequence, we could have shell maintainer to bind these
    Chanop> keys correctly in sysconfig file so that every new user
    Chanop> won't be hassle about these keys

I had a feeling this was already standardized...

I admit though I frequently have had problems in this areas, too.

ie home and end only work in an xterm, not the linux-console or a
gnome-terminal.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>