Re: Release-critical Bugreport for February 4, 2000

On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 03:15:05AM -0600, BugScan reporter wrote:

> Package: exim (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Mark Baker <mbaker@iee.org>
>   55473  Exim barfs with some procmail-related error for users with no .procmailrc

He hasn't given me enough information to investigate this, and hasn't
replied to the email I sent him, so there's not a lot I can do.

>   56208  exim: Exim fails to deliver mail via procmail correctly - duplicate `From '-Line

The mails are being mangled horribly by procmail, because of the way exim is
invoking it. I was going to ask for help from any procmail users, because I
was sure what I was doing was right, but I've just had a quick look in the
exim docs and it appears that an essential thing in the exim config file has
changed in the current version of exim so that the example I copied from the
FAQ is no longer valid. (from_hack no longer works; a combination of
check_string and escape_string are required for the same effect). I'll
hopefully fix it today.