Re: new majordomo packages, please test

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 09:36:39AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Maybe a move to one of the more free list managers should be made indeed
> > (like writing a majordomo interface for listar or mailman or something like
> > that).
>
> In the meantime I think we should drop majordomo before the release, and
> maybe put out a press release explaining why.

It's in non-free. Why single it out among non-free licenses?

Whatever happened to the idea of distributing it unchanged, with a
patch that gets applied in postinst? Or if you're worried about having
to change the wrapper code as well, why not distribute it like we do
pine?

Majordomo is not inherently unpackagable.

Unless anybody can find a reason why either of the above solutions is
not acceptable for majordomo, I'd be willing to adopt it if the current
maintainer no longer wishes to support it.

--
Elie Rosenblum                 That is not dead which can eternal lie,
http://www.cosanostra.net   And with strange aeons even death may die.