Re: new majordomo packages, please test

Branden Robinson wrote:
> > You may or may not know about the licensing problems with majordomo. In
> > short, they prevent us from shipping fixes (even security stuff).
>
> If they're going to be pricks like that, then I must suggest that we drop
> the package entirely.

It would've been dropped if they hadn't released a kinda fixed version. But
I think that there are quite a number of people out there that are using the
majordomo package, that's why I'm still maintaining it. And that's the only
reason.

> We can argue pros and cons of various licenses all day, but if somebody
> isn't going to let us fix security problems that can affect our users, I
> think we should tell them to fuck off.

It's not them asking us if we want to distribute it, it's us who want that.
Or at least wanted to distribute it in the past. I don't think they really
care anyway, otherwise they wouldn't have chosen this kind of licensing.

Maybe a move to one of the more free list managers should be made indeed
(like writing a majordomo interface for listar or mailman or something like
that).

		Remco