Re: KDE not in Debian?

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 09:47:33PM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:
> I even offered at one point to help do the asking.  Was told it wouldn't
> be necessary because the GPL'd code in KDE would be replaced if not
> written by KDE and that everything would be Artistic (which is itself a
> shoddy license--KDE may as well have put it under the X license, which
> wouldn't altogether have been a bad idea IMO.

Interestingly enough, the Artistic license is the only point so far
(that anyone has mentioned) that the DFSG disagrees with the GNU definition
of free, as they don't consider the Artistic free (according to their
webpage.)

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
If you wish to strive for peace of soul then believe;