Re: KDE not in Debian?

Joseph Carter wrote:

> Essentially, if KDE doesn't want to play by the rules---and it seems they
> do not, they deserve EVERYTHING Troll Tech ever got (wrongly or otherwise)
> and a hell of a lot more.  I will personally do everything in my power to
> see that lawsuits are filed against members of the KDE team for knowingly
> infringing Copyright law if I have to.

But since you are not a copyright holder for any of the code in
question, you do not have the right to sue, as you are undoubtable
aware. And moreover, since the KDE code has been public knowledge from
day one, and none of these copyright holders has done anything about it,
what makes you think you can change their minds now? With the prominence
of KDE, I seriously doubt that they are unaware of the circumstances.

In some ways though, I might be glad for a lawsuit. This whole issue
revolves around some vague (in some opinions) clauses in the GPL, and it
would be a good thing for them to be clarified in court.

David Johnson