Re: Problems installing/upgrading potato

Brian May wrote:
> - I think this has been mentioned numerous times beforehand, so I
> might try searching the mailing list archives if I get a chance.
> XWindows cannot use the mouse (/dev/psaux) if gpm is running - I have
> to stop gpm first.

Yes. This is true for PS/2 mice. The way to solve this is to
set gpm as a repeater and tell X (and svgalib if you have it)
to use /dev/gpmdata.

I do this for my serial mouse anyway as it makes my three
button  mouse work reliably no matter how much I switch consoles.

Martijn