Re: Heimdal, kerberos, openldap and ITP libcyrus-sasl

    Ben> Excellent, I was hoping some one else would do this so I
    Ben> wouldn't have to just for the sake of openldap2 :)

Excellent! I was hoping somebody may have already done this.
Now I don't have to use my ugly hacked version...

(right now I am a bit confused at what level of support openldap2
has for SASL. I was told that the ldap* programs do not support
SASL, but if I trace ldap_bind, it calls ldap_simple_bind, which
in turn calls ldap_sasl_bind. Maybe if I had more time I would
realize I am wrong ;-) )

    Ben> On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 08:45:38PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
    >>  Also: I plan to create a non-official archive on my Debian web
    >> page that contains packages (eg cvs and openldap depending on
    >> my success/failure) that have been compiled with (either
    >> direct/indirect) Kerberos support, using the Heimdal libraries.
    >> Comments anyone?

    Ben> If I may, I already have openldap2 package sets. Let me know
    Ben> when you get the sasl library done, and I will do test builds

Yes, I have finished. Will attempt to put them online later today.
Currently it requires heimdal-lib (I think), I guess I really
should split GSSAPI into another module).

    Ben> of openldap2 from CVS.  I'de prefer to not make available
    Ben> some packages that are a) not from the actual maintainer (me
    Ben> :) and b) could possibly get installed by some people and
    Ben> cause problems with future versions of the package.

Agreed.

--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>