Heimdal, kerberos, openldap and ITP libcyrus-sasl

Hello,

I plan to package libcyrus-sasl, as I have been told it will act as
the "glue" between Heimdal (gssapi) and openldap (alpha version). Also
comes with PAM support (not sure what this means yet). I haven't
yet got all this to work yet, so still may change my mind later on.

I get the impression that libcyrus-sasl is like PAM in that it is
configurable for different applications without recompiling, but has
functionality for both clients and servers. According to the
documentation, sendmail and cyrus imapd support it, as well as
openldap.

After I finish doing this package (which so far has been quicker
then expected), I plan to travel several weeks back in time and
release it in potato ;-).

Seriously, no, I am not intending to release this in potato. I think
that should be obvious to most people.

So far, only one major problem: both heimdal-dev and libcyrus-sasl-dev
come with conflicting versions of /usr/include/md5.h. Arrrgghhh!  For
the moment, I have simply deleted the md5.h that comes with
libcyrus-sasl-dev.

Also: I plan to create a non-official archive on my Debian web page
that contains packages (eg cvs and openldap depending on my
success/failure) that have been compiled with (either direct/indirect)
Kerberos support, using the Heimdal libraries.  Comments anyone?

--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>