Re: [Re: dependancy problem in potato]

Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com> wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 2000-01-12-18-10-11+trackit+sam@debian.org> you wrote:
>
> > What do people think of changing bzip2 priority/section to required/base?
>
> I would prefer that not more than one compression engine be tagged
essential.
> I maintain the gzip package, and think it continues to be the right one to
> have that status, but I care less about which one it is than I do about
> bloating the set of required packages.
>
> Bdale

If i must select between gzip and bzip2 as with is indispensable obviously i
select gzip... but how bad can be to put both on requiered/base?

zaikxtox

Free science and free software are just two aspects of the same complex
reality: long-term human survival.
Support humankind, use Linux.

The following invitation to get a free e-mail account is not from me. If you
want a web mail try to find another, cuz this need javascript. If it's
possible test it against Lynx or Links browsers.