Re: question about "non-us" becoming "free-world" (was Re: Quake is GPL)

On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 12:58:16AM -0600, Rob Browning wrote:
> Well, if the bandwidth gets good enough in the future, we could really
> screw with all the governments by creating a giant raid 5 array for
> our archive that's implemented on top of network block devices.
>
> That way it would be hard to prove that any package was ever really
> stored in *any* particular country.  To make this truly effective,
> we'd have to rewrite a new raid level that implemented "truly random"
> disk striping.  That way, no functional package would ever be
> statistically likely to be completely on one disk.
>
> I'd love to see the #$%%$&! censors sort that one out.

It won't work.

You can be imprisoned for being member of criminal group even if
you didnt do any criminal act yourself in many countries.

( and `criminal group' is often not defined at all so it's judge's
  decision if you are in criminal group or not )