Re: /etc/rc?.d/*

On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 02:08:30AM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> What is the recommended way of fixing this?  update-rc.d doesn't seem able to
> do what I want.  I've mv'd a bunch of sym-links on the machine that matters
> most, but I expect that next time I upgrade bind they'll re-appear under the
> old names.

Actually, they won't -- update-rc.d won't do anything as long as it can
find _some_ links already there for a script. This allows the admin to
change them without update-rc.d changing them back next time.

       If  any  files  /etc/rcrunlevel.d/[SK]??name already exist
       then update-rc.d does nothing.  This is so that the system
       administrator  can rearrange the links, provided that they
       leave at least one link remaining,  without  having  their
       configuration overwritten.

Hamish