Re: Debian membership (with a twist)

> [This long approval times may be desired by Debian because there are
> already too many developers and packages.]
> This may be correct.  I can't judge.  But it seems to me that if some-
> one volunteers time and effort to the project, common courtesy demands
> /at least/ an autoreply acknowledging the the application.  An explana-
> tion of the current situation would be nice also.

Can one of the people allowed to process the new-maintainer alias speak
here? It would be really nice to get their point of view and
explanation. Not only on my particular situation (having contributed to
the 1.* Debian distributions and coming back today) but just the simple
one where someone emails new-maintainer and does not get any feedback in
6 months as Steve said.

Yves.