Re: Debian membership (with a twist)

Yves Arrouye wrote:

> be really fast, and Debian won't loose great people that want to
> volunteer. You can even track who approved whom and prevent people w/
> bad judgment to approve other ones, etc... I am sure there are ways to
> move the approval time from months to days.

---end quoted text---

AFAICT from hints dropped on the list, and corresponding with current
maintainers, slowing down the approval time is the point.  Seems the
feeling is 'Debian has too many maintainers and too many packages'.

This may be correct.  I can't judge.  But it seems to me that if some-
one volunteers time and effort to the project, common courtesy demands
/at least/ an autoreply acknowledging the the application.  An explana-
tion of the current situation would be nice also.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Regards,
Steve

Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 Reboots are for kernel and hardware upgrades.