Re: ITW/P: freecati

On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 08:13:02AM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> it may be an important tool, but that doesn't give you or anyone else
> the right to pester people in their own homes. it really does no good
> to apologise or even to promise not to call back - by that time, the
> damage has been done...the interruption/disturbance has been made, the
> invasion of peace, solitude and privacy has already been perpetrated.

Huh?  I'd rate such (genuine survey) phone calls as more pleasant to
deal with than any of your recent emails.

I've gotten phone calls from telemarketers, and I've gotten phone calls
from survey folks.  The survey folks are incomparably more polite.

On the other hand, I've got a decent sized buffer (voice mail) on my
phone and don't feel compelled to answer it if I'm in the middle of
something else (which is most of the time).

--
Raul