Re: Debian membership (with a twist)

Yves Arrouye <yves@realnames.com> writes:

> > [This long approval times may be desired by Debian because there are
> > already too many developers and packages.]
> > This may be correct.  I can't judge.  But it seems to me that if some-
> > one volunteers time and effort to the project, common courtesy demands
> > /at least/ an autoreply acknowledging the the application.  An explana-
> > tion of the current situation would be nice also.
>
> Can one of the people allowed to process the new-maintainer alias speak
> here? It would be really nice to get their point of view and
> explanation. Not only on my particular situation (having contributed to
> the 1.* Debian distributions and coming back today) but just the simple
> one where someone emails new-maintainer and does not get any feedback in
> 6 months as Steve said.
>
> Yves.

I would have too look at my old mail folders to see when I actually
applied, but its a long time ago. I actually fear that by the time
being I hear anything from the new-maintainer team I won´t be able to
remember my passphrase.

Getting an answere from the new maintainer team seems impossible and I
thing thats something that must be worked on. With the current settup
people only drift away from Debian while no new maintainers are
accepted and less and less developement is actually done.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin