Re: How not to be a nice person (Was: Re: Packages should not Conflict on the basis of duplicate functionality)

On Sat, Oct 02, 1999 at 08:06:10PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> i show no regard for those who demonstrate they are fools. i show
> contempt for those who demonstrate that they are annoying fools. guess
> which category you fall into.

Ok, try this on for size:

How many network services do you get if you are doing if you decide to
install cfs?

How many if you decide to install crossfire-sounds?

[Aside: obviously there's a difference between not accepting a connection
and accepting a connection then dropping it.  Very occasionally this
makes a difference from a security standpoint.]

[Aside: I know that if you install packages one at a time, using apt,
and if you read each package description, and sit back and read the
package docs after installing it, that you'll not have any problems with
unwanted network services cropping up.  But: is this how you use debian?]

--
Raul