Re: Packages should not Conflict on the basis of duplicate functionality

On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 08:38:00PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> I'd like to propose something else: until the packages provide proper
> debconf (or whatever) support which would configure the port and other
> settings for the daemon, let's keep the Provides:+Conflicts: scheme we
> have been using so far.

I would like to second the idea that debconf handle this when it is ready.

Personally, I'd like to see packages ask this question now, but the idea
seems to have gotten very hostile responses.

Ciao!

--
Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
	 -- Wernher von Braun

The Doctor What: A Holtje Production             http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC