Re: slink is gone, goals for potato?

On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 12:45:23AM +0000, Edward Betts wrote:
> So slink is released, it is stable, everybody is happy. Kids are
> dancing in the streets, and we are all a little out of it on
> {v,d}beer. You get the picture.
>
> But what about potato? No, I am not talking about the stuff they make vodka
> out of, I am talking about the next release. Here is some ideas I throw
> together, but I think our main goal should be to have no release goals :-)

I agree, we should not have release goal...

> General project goals:
> [...]
> Package management goals:
> [...]
> Boot disk:
> [...]
> Programs to include:
>
> Have I missed any other goals or important points that need discussing?

Yes!

You have miss, that 'our main goal should be to have no release goals'

If we make all this goals, we will release potato 2099 (or need we
longer?)

I total disagree.

I think:
If we have release slink und we don't get many bugreports, we make a new
round and frozen potato.
We have > 300 new packages in potato and many packages have new (higher)
version numbers.

Let release slink, wait 2-6 weeks and make a frozen and a new stable.

Ok? Comments?

Grisu
--
Michael Bramer -- a Debian Linux Developer        http://www.debian.org