Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Slink

Joseph Carter wrote:
> I would expect it to fit on a zip disk easily, but even that's too big.
> Though as I said I want a copy of this available from single-user mode
> really.

Rather than making -static version of individual packages, how about
making a "rescue-system" package, that installs in such a way that
it can be activated from single-user mode?  Maybe it could live
in a subdirectory of /sbin.  On installation it would offer to
install itself in /etc/inittab.  It would also have a shell that
can be used as an argument to init= at the boot prompt.

By making it a single package, the package maintainer can ensure that
all parts of that system work together.  This way, it might even be
linked dynamically, if it comes with its own dynamic linker.

Does anyone feel up to this? :-)

Richard Braakman