Misplaced packages (or Shouldn't they be in contrib?)

Today I wrote a little program that went through the main Packages
file to do build a tree as I outlined in my earlier post, and
came across the following interesting info:

(It's not perfect. It checks for all possible setups in a sense.
It works on the premise that no package in main should depend in
anyway on packages outside of main)

Packages depended on that do not exist:
apache-ssl, device3dfx-module, fvwm2, gas, giflib3g-dev, glimpse,
gstep-base, gstep-base-dbg, gstep-xgps, intlfonts-chinese,
libasound0, libatalk1, libdbd-msql-perl, libg++2.8.2, libgc4-dev,
libgimp1.1.10, libmagick4g-lzw, libsnmp3.6, libstdc++2.9, libyiff2,
lpd, mysql-base, mysql-client, qmail, snes9x-x, ssh, ssh-socks,
ssh2, tclx, tclx74, tclx75, tclx80, xemacs19, zip

http://cupid.suninternet.com/~kleptog/package-ordering.html

Now, some of these packages are in non-free and contrib. Shouldn't
those packages that depend on these be taken out of main and placed
into contrib?

Similarly, some of these packages seem to be truly missing (fvwm2, gas).

PS: The ssmtp package has the following line:
Replaces: mail-transport-agent, exim, sendmail, smail, qmail, zmailer

Isn't the list of mailers redundant?

Martijn