Re: Request for package: libgtkxmhtml-nognome

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:
> Michael Alan Dorman wrote:
> > All the deps on gnome are introduced by-hand in our control file---it
> > shouldn't be a problem to pare them back.  I probably will request
> > help in testing to make sure I don't inadvertently remove ones that
> > really _are_ necessary.
> Is there some reason I'm missing (like dlopened libraries..) why you can't
> just generate all the library dependancies automatically in the usual way?

Hysterical Raisins, as Larry Wall would say.  The prior maintainers
did it that way---actually using a combination of auto-generated deps
and arbitrary references to gnome-libs-data and gnome-bin.

I still haven't had a large enough single block of time in the last
two months to really pick over gnome-libs in minute detail, and the
deps was one of the things that I hadn't gotten around to questioning.

Mike.