Re: CD split proposal

On Dec 17, Jordi wrote:
> I know it's not accesible for the majority, but DVD should help here.
> Suse is a 5 or 6 cd set (so non-free, but this has nothing to do). If I'm
> not mistaken, latest release, 6.3 is available on 1 DVD disk.
>
> Of course, we cannot count on everyone having a DVD when Woody is around, so
> thinking about CD-based solutions is still needed, but DVD should solve a
> fair bit of the problem.

DVD is not a practical option until DVD-R units are less than $500
U.S.  Of course, at our current release rate, woody should be out
around the time DVD becomes obsolete ;-)

Chris
|          Chris Lawrence         |         It's 2/3 of a beltway...        |
|     <quango@watervalley.net>    |     http://www.lordsutch.com/tn385/     |
|     Grad Student, Pol. Sci.     |      Visit the Amiga Web Directory      |
|    University of Mississippi    |     http://www.cucug.org/amiga.html     |