Re: Debian GNU/Linux 2.1r4 Released

On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 02:54:27PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > Bit of a serious problem, really.  (And the fixed package has been in
> > proposed-updates since December 5th.)
> But didn't mention that in the changelog nor was that stated on
> debian-release, so it got rejected.
> Wichert.

Oh dear.

But here's a question: uploads to stable are fairly infrequent and
usually important (this one even had urgency: high).  I was personally
not aware that important fixes had to be announced on debian-release
(it's not in the developers-reference or elsewhere, AFAIK).  Also, the
changelog referred to two bug reports; either would have probably
indicated the severity of the problem, or finally, the package
maintainer could have been contacted in cases where there was still

Essentially, it's a shame that a lack of communication led to this fix
being left out of the slink update.

Never mind, though.  We live and learn.

  Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
        Debian GNU/Linux Developer,  see http://www.debian.org/~jdg