Re: FTP servers

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> We (debian.org) need a new FTP server - and I'd like some recommendations.
> Regrettably the two most popular servers are out,
>   1) wu-ftp - This is what we are using now, but I finally tracked down
>      the most bothersome bug [wu gets stuck], and all I can say is that
>      its code sickens me to no end, and is IMHO not worth fixing.
>   2) pro-ftpd - Its 'ls' behavoir is unnacceptable, on our servers it
>      causes the process to grow to over 10 meg.
> So, what else is there out there that is secure and reasonably light
> weight?

(that's not really a recommendation since I never used it, but it looks
appropriate from its description)

- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:                                               GNOME : -
- http://www.fr.debian.org                           http://www.gnome.org -
"Every man has two nations, and one of them is France"  [Benjamin Franklin]