FTP servers

Hi all,

We (debian.org) need a new FTP server - and I'd like some recommendations.
Regrettably the two most popular servers are out,
  1) wu-ftp - This is what we are using now, but I finally tracked down
     the most bothersome bug [wu gets stuck], and all I can say is that
     its code sickens me to no end, and is IMHO not worth fixing.
  2) pro-ftpd - Its 'ls' behavoir is unnacceptable, on our servers it
     causes the process to grow to over 10 meg.

So, what else is there out there that is secure and reasonably light
weight?

Thanks,
Jason