Re: FW: Open CASCADE Announce

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Brent Fulgham wrote:

> Developers:
>
> The following announcement was sent to Debian-Press.  This is of little
> interest to us, unless there is someone who wants to investigate Open
> CASCADE to see if its licensing is DFSG compliant, and if it would serve
> some useful purpose to our users.

Wow, it looks like it is GPL compatible and DSFG (see
http://www.opencascade.com/discover/toask.html for thier notes on the
license)

This is exciting, getting real high end Engineering software libraries on
Linux is excellent, I hope someone packages this - Debian typically is
used in vertical specialty areas such as sciences and engineering.

My only question is, does anyone know what on earth it is? Near as I can
tell it is the core of a powerfull 3d modling package (ala Pro-Egineer,
Solid works and so on) These packages typically run in the 10s of
thousands of dollars!

Jason