Re: FW: Open CASCADE Announce

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> My only question is, does anyone know what on earth it is? Near as I can
> tell it is the core of a powerfull 3d modling package (ala Pro-Egineer,
> Solid works and so on) These packages typically run in the 10s of
> thousands of dollars!

Matra Datavision Open CASCADE consists of six modules:
                            - Foundation Classes
                            - Modeling Data
                            - Modeling Algorithms
                            - Visualization
                            - Data Exchange
                            - Application Framework

(from www.opencascade.com/download/index.html)

Yeah, this usually costs mountains of euros. Funny little off-topic thing,
is that Matra DV people are just neighbours of MS France :-)

A++

Grumpf.