Re: freedomization task list [was: Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the GPL]

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 05:12:25PM +0100, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
> Just saw this on freshmeat
> (http://freshmeat.net/appindex/1999/12/08/944663775.html):
> :TIP (TIP Isn't Pico) is a Pico clone for *NIX. It aims to solve a few
> :"problems" with Pico while at the same time maintaining the look and feel
> :and ease-of-use of the original.
>
> It's GPLed. Homepage: http://faculty.plattsburgh.edu/astyanax/tip/ ; looks
> promising.

I have tried this, look and feel is exactly the same, and it also adds sar
(search and replace) and "goto line #".

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 11:19:20AM -0600, John Parejko wrote:
> I'm not a debian developer, but I would like to try to work with someone
> one the PiClone or whatever it is (if someone is willing to work with
> me... I can do C++ just fine, but don't know how to package anything, or
> the best method for making a debian/Linux package).  If someone has
> started it, send me a note, and info about how best to cooperate.
>
> I'm sending this from pine, cuz it is the only way to use mail on several
> systems on the campus that I'm on.  A free alternative would make me very
> happy.
>
> Lets stop talking, and start coding!

I'd consider the TIP option seriously. Give it a try, it's development is
very advanced, at least that's what I've seen when I edited some files with
it. Maybe it could be the editor part of Pine Cone.

For more info on TIP,

It was downloaded from http://faculty.plattsburgh.edu/astyanax/tip/dist/
Upstream Author(s): Chris Allegretta <allegrcr@plattsburgh.edu>

I have built a debian package, you can find it in
http://www.sindominio.net/~jordi or you can ask me to send deb/sources-diff
to you if you like.

Jordi