Re: freedomization task list [was: Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the GPL]

On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 10:57:15PM -0700, Richard Stallman wrote:
> Will most PICO users really care about the size of the program very
> much?  Given the big memories of modern machines, I would expect that
> the size won't make a practical difference any more--assuming the
> commands and display are similar enough.

For what it's worth, the biggest size issue I've had with pine has to
do with its handling of a large mailbox.  When the mailbox exceeds a
certain size it takes a number of seconds to switch between browsing
messages and composing a new message.

As far as pico goes, my Contents-i386.gz from about a month ago doesn't
mention any bin/pico, and I don't have access to any machines with pico
on it, and I don't know anyone who uses pico.  [So, all my personal
experience indicates that pine is much more popular than standalone pico.]

--
Raul