Re: ITP ZCAV

On Wed, 01 Dec 1999, Brian May wrote:

>    Russell> This is a program I wrote.  It's online at
>    Russell> http://www.coker.com.au/zcav/ .  By the time you read
>    Russell> this message version 0.02 should be online (0.02 is the
>    Russell> first version with Debian package files).
>
>    Russell> I hope that Brian May will be able to sponsor this one
>    Russell> for me.
>
>No problem.
>
>One question: Why are you using debstd (which I now believe to be
>obsolete) rather then the newer dh_helper routines?

I used "deb-make" from the "debmake" package to create it.  Everything went
fairly smoothly and the result seemed OK.

Can some expert please clarify which is officially the best way of
Debianizing a package?

In the case of something like zcav deb-make seems best because it's quick and
easy, I don't want to spend more time Debianizing it than I spent writing it!
 ;)

--
Electronic information tampers with your soul.