Re: ramblings about old hardware, gzip, bz2, and pentium opts

    GB> What about "console-apt"? I think its far better to improve
    GB> that. It looks better, feels better, works better and is
    GB> probably smaller and faster. Maybe you can measure some memory
    GB> useage for it.

Well, last time I tried it, it felt worse and worked worse than dselect
to *me* (other users can have totally different opinion).  I might try
to improve it to my taste, but I'd finish with dselect II, I'm
afraid. :-)  But if console-apt is OK on small memory systems then it's
not necessary to improve dselect for this purpose and I won't waste my
resources on it.

Milan Zamazal