Re: ramblings about old hardware, gzip, bz2, and pentium opts

    FVR> It may become a necessity anyway... I tried installing potato
    FVR> on a 486-dx33 with 8Mb RAM last week (to be used as an
    FVR> X-Terminal). I couldn't do it in one day. It turned out that
    FVR> after rebooting, when I was dumped in dselect, the dselect
    FVR> process grew over 11Mb (ouch!)

I've got one computer with 8 MB RAM too and dselect is becoming totally
unusable on it.  I'd like to know how much are people worried about
this.  I'm currently hacking dselect a little (the first results to come
soon) and I can consider to add reducing memory usage to my dselect
to-do list.

Milan Zamazal

--
"Having GNU Emacs is like having a dragon's cave of treasures."
                                                Robert J. Chassell