Re: I'm being ignored

Le Sat, Nov 20, 1999 at 01:05:24AM -0200, Cesar Eduardo Barros écrivait:
> The QA team is a joke; they too have the same RC-only-mind disease.

Right now, we're focusing on RC bugs since we want to have potato out
asap...

And we'll try to detect MIA maintainers and/or maintainers that don't do
a good work, but that's not easy and is not a very rewarding work. What do
you suggest ? QA work is the just the work of persons volunteering to
work on QA ... you're welcome on the QA team. Juste start providing
patches and check from time to time if they are integrated, if not then
please inform us via the debian-qa mailing list and we'll try to :
- contact the maintainer
- do a NMU
- orphan the package if the maintainer doesn't respond

If you find out packages not well maintained, feel free to give us
the name and we'll look into it if possible.

> (note: some maintainers seem to be proud of keeping an empty backlog. But they
>  seem to be the exception and not the rule.)

I'm trying to follow that rule. But some wishlist bug simply cannot be
fixed ...

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -=- http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/