Re: I'm being ignored (fixing minor bugs)

On Sat, Nov 20, 1999 at 02:14:15PM +0200, Panu Hällfors wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 20, 1999 at 02:41:23AM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> > > I suppose you're not doing software developement for your living?
> > > If you were, you'd probably know that no such thing as
> > > "a perfect program" exists.
> >
> > Actually, it's possible to prove programs are correct (and thus bug-free).
>
> Yes, I know that.
> But "a perfect program" is definitely not the same as
> "a bug-free program".
> A perfect program is both bug-free and needs not to be developed
> further.
>
> That's the thing you'll never see.

The only such programs, which are probably exempt, that I can think of.. are
/bin/true and /bin/false.

/me shuts up. (since this is a _technical_ forum, and this thread isnt very
technical)

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

           "Bother," said Pooh, as the rip cord came away in his hand