I'm being ignored

I'm getting the feeling nobody reviews his/her bug backlog anymore... Some
examples:

#34326: memstat: Should add libc5-compat dirs
		254 days old

An year-old bug with a simple fix, yet nobody bothered to even try it.

#40037: bug: long subject lines under gnome-terminal warp to beggining of line
	when using -f
		149 days old

I tested it again a few minutes ago; and it worked. I closed it by hand, since
it looks like the maintainer neglected to do so.

Those are just two examples... I bet there are *many* more. Everybody seems to
focus only on RC bugs and forget about the normal/wishlist ones that have a
simple fix or even have been fixed a long time ago.

The QA team is a joke; they too have the same RC-only-mind disease.

Every bug, even the wishlist ones, is important. It means the program isn't
perfect yet.

(note: some maintainers seem to be proud of keeping an empty backlog. But they
 seem to be the exception and not the rule.)

--
Cesar Eduardo Barros
cesarb@web4u.com.br