Re: ssh mutation

On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 09:46:12AM -0500, Ben Collins was heard to say:
> On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 08:34:46AM -0600, Gregory T. Norris wrote:
> > I'm afraid I have to respectfully disagree.  Running `apt-get upgrade'
> > yesterday replaced my existing ssh with openssh... in addition, the
> > downloaded debfile was `ssh_1.2pre7-1.deb'.  It seems that the
> > documentation refers to it as openssh, but it was installed into the
> > archives under the name ssh.
> >
> > On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 10:51:44PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> > > Looking at the install, openssh was given that as a package name.
> > > Basically what we have now is "ssh" being a non-package, and ssh-nonfree
> > > and openssh supplying it. There is no bad upgrade in this instance, so
> > > there is nothing to rant about.
>
> Did it break anything?
>
> Ben

  I don't know about other people, but since I upgraded X11 forwarding
from my computer seems to be broken.  That is, if I connect to my computer
a dummy display is allocated and $DISPLAY it set -- but attempts to connect
to this display fail with a message about "bad authentication".

  And yes, I've turned X11 forwarding back on in /etc/ssh/ssh_config
(although I don't think it's related to this problem)

  Daniel

--
There are many of us in this old world of ours who hold that things break
about even for all of us.  I have observed, for example, that we all get