Re: Status of Potato

On Fri, Nov 05, 1999 at 12:21:11AM +0100, Sami Dalouche wrote:
<snip>

> This incoming stuff is completly stupid ! Why aren't the uploaded packaged
> directly moved to the directory structure ! The developpers aren't funny
> enough to put a false section or something like that !

I don't maintain the incoming system, but IMHO it is a very necessary stage to

a) make sure that packages are uploaded correctly (ie, all files are present
   and complete) before they get installed into the tree.
b) the maintainer signature is correct.

I'm sure there are other advantages to the system as well (that I just don't
know about).

Chris

            Linux, because I'd like to *get there* today
Reply with subject 'request key' for GPG public key.  KeyID 0xB4E24219