Re: OpenSSH uploaded replacing ssh, please test

Dan Brosemer writes:
 > TDR would like OpenSSH to be _the_ ssh.  When people talk about ssh they
 > mean OpenSSH 99% of the time, people don't go to f-secure to download ssh,
 > they go to openbsd.org... why?  Freedom.
 >
 > Conclusion:
 >
 > Two functionality issues have been raised.  They will obviously be fixed
 > (sooner rather than later).
 >
 > Point:  It won't matter which you have installed on a functionality ground.
 > Point:  It _will_ matter which you have installed on morality grounds.
 >
 > I say call it ssh!

I agree.  It's pretty obvious that the underlying point of this
discussion has been not the functionality issues, but rather whether
or not OpenSSH should be called 'ssh'.  I think it should be, at least
for Debian.

--
Colin Walters <levanti@verbum.org>
http://web.verbum.org/levanti