Re: OpenSSH uploaded replacing ssh, please test

On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 03:19:00AM +0000, Philip Hands wrote:
> I've just uploaded OpenSSH, the binary package for which I've called
> ``ssh'' so it will replace the non-free version in due course.
>
> I've also uploaded the old ssh, which is now called ssh-nonfree.

Whoa, this is a horrible idea unless you can guarantee that the ssh
people are going to be automatically upgraded to completely duplicates
the functionality of the one they alread have. (AFAIK, it doesn't.) If
it's openssh, why isn't your package called openssh?

Mike Stone